We are excited that several of you are already getting involved in new research partnerships!
If you are interested in future training events, contact Michael Lepore, PhD, Director, LiveWell Institute, email@example.com
Empowering Partnerships Training
October 9 and 10, 2019
Join a select group of people living with dementia, care partners and researchers who are interested in learning how to partner in research initiatives. You will learn from each other and partner on the development of research that supports living well with dementia. The goal of this training is to enhance the participation and engagement of persons living with dementia in all aspects of research.
- 2-day training program to promote partnership in all aspects of the research process among people living with dementia, care partners, and researchers
- Persons living with dementia
WHEN & WHERE?
- October 9 & 10, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (breakfast available from 8:30 am)
- Connecticut Hospital Association/LeadingAge
- 100 Barnes Rd., Wallingford, CT 06492
- Register today or via email/phone or through Eventbrite
- Schedule a 1:1 meeting to complete the project’s Strengths, Preferences and Experiences Inventory and discuss any questions
- Optional: Join/Watch webinar on Understanding Dementia on Wednesday, September 25, 12:30-1:30pm
- Participants will receive $50 stipend per day
- Meals are included (breakfast & lunch)
- Transportation will be provided if needed
- Travel within Connecticut will be reimbursed
Dan Belonick, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-628-3025
Stephani Shivers, email@example.com, 860-628-3020
To get more information or to register contact:
Patricia Richard (860) 628-3070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alzheimer’s Australia (2016) Dementia Language Guidelines, https://www.fightdementia.org.au/files/NATIONAL/documents/language-guidelines- full.pdf
Deep Engagement and Empowerment Project (2016) Dementia words matter: Guidelines on language about dementia, http://dementiavoices.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DEEP-Guide-Language.pdf
Introductory Kick-off Session to the Empowering Partnerships Training Event
August 29 and 30, 2019
Attend either day at the location most convenient for you.
This introductory kick-off session is designed to bring interested participants together and provide more information on the training. This 2-hour session will also focus on sharing ideas to determine research priorities and explore questions like:
Why does research matter?
How can research be more ‘dementia friendly’?
How can people with dementia and researchers ‘partner’ on projects?
By joining us, your invaluable voice can influence how research is done! We look forward to meeting and hearing from you!
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
4:00 – 6:00 PM
Yale Program for Recovery and Community Health
Erector Square, Bldg One
319 Peck Street
New Haven, CT 06513
Thursday August 29, 2019
4:00 – 6:00 PM
1261 South Main Street
Plantsville, CT 06479
An Introduction to the Dementia Peer Coalition
Date and Time: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Wheeler Regional Family YMCA
149 Farmington Avenue
Plainville, CT 06062
To register contact: